A “Pop Quiz” with Photo Weekends Instructor Tony Rizzuto
As a regular on our seasonal Photo Weekends tour, Tony Rizzuto has grown quite a following with his affable style and clearly articulated discussions on various photographic subject manner. Among other things, people are one of his forte both in his classroom and in his camera. For those not familiar with him, below is a semi-serious pop quiz he responded to recently. Get ready, Minneapolis. Tony and Tim Cooper will be in your neck of the woods this coming weekend, January 14-15!
1. Where were you born?
TR: Latitude 41.31°N and Longitude 72.92°W
2. What got you going in photography initially?
TR: The deflated feeling every time I had my pictures developed.
3. The eight reindeer on your sleigh each drink a pint of water for each time zone. How many gallons of
water should you plan to take on your sleigh to get around the world?
F. Other- Explain:
TR: I don’t have to think about that for another 11 months.
4. How did you get your start with RMSP?
TR: I started teaching Adult Education classes in 2003.
5. What’s not in your camera bag right now that you wish was?
TR: Fairy Dust and hundred dollar bills.
6. What’s truly your passion?
TR: Photographing turtles while they sleep.
7. OK…It’s time to test your math skills Mr. Rizzuto! Which combination of memory cards holds the most pictures assuming you were shooting low quality jpgs using your very first digital point and shoot?
A. Eight 64 Mb and two 128 Mb cards
B. Three 32 Mb and four 127 Mb memory cards
C. One 1 Gb card and one 8 Mb card
D. Five 64 Mb memory cards
E. 128 Mb memory cards
F. Seventeen peanut butter & banana sandwiches
TR: My dad was a math teacher…please don’t do this to me!
7. HDR is a new class you’re teaching for Photo Weekends in 2012. In a nutshell, can you tell us what HDR is and how it can enhance a photograph?
TR: I’m teaching Composition to a packed room while Tim is teaching HDR.
8. Besides Photo Weekends, what other RMSP courses are you excited about teaching in 2012? Why?
9. Complete the following statement:
“If I had my druthers right now, I would be on a plane going to_______ to photograph________ .”
TR: Anywhere to photograph Charlize Theron.