For anyone who is looking to put their photography out there, I highly recommend entering photo contests. It’s a great way to have reputable people in the industry take a look at your work. Here are a few upcoming contests to consider:
If you are spending anytime in our National Parks this summer consider submitting your best images to Canon’s Photography in the Park contest. One of our instructors, Darrell Gulin, is a judge along with Lewis Kemper and Joel Saferstein.
Deadline: September 30th
This another fantastic photography contest that has several categories for entries:
- Travel Portrait Photos of local residents at work, at play, and celebrating.
- Outdoor Scenes, landscapes, aerials, wildlife, waterscapes.
- Sense of Place Scenes in cities, towns, and villages that convey a strong feeling of place.
- Spontaneous Moments Photos that capture fun, quirky, surprising, and unrehearsed moments.
- Photo Essay, up to six images that suggest a story around a particular travel theme.
Select winners will be displayed at the World in Focus Gallery exhibit at the PDN PhotoPlus Expo in New York October 28-30, 2010. Additionally, winners will receive a one-year subscription to Photo District News magazine (PDN)
Deadline: August 23rd.
The Vermont Photography Workplace has a monthly juried competition and each month has a different theme and juror.