What Inspired You This Week?
How can we as individuals with our cameras embrace the quote above? We can start by photographing things that matter to us. One of the ways to nurture this is to take notice of what inspires us each week.
What causes you to pause and think “Hey, I want to remember that?” These points of interest are keys into our identities regardless of how small or insignificant they may seem at the time. A good exercise in developing your photographic identity is to write down what affected or inspired you today. Documenting your impressions and observations allows you the opportunity to look back and identify trends and/or repetition in how you engage with the world. They become a map of sorts that can help you take your photography to another level.
Things that inspired me this week
- RMSP classrooms full of life.
- The following blog post by Heath Korvola:
(especially the quote from the Nike ad, “Write the Future.”)
- Rangefindergeneral’s Channel on You Tube, specifically Photography Masters
This week I watched: Annie Leibovitz’s Imagine (6 part series)
- Finding a new source for presentation materials for my photographs.
- Reflections everywhere in Missoula thanks to a rainy week.
- The range of possibilities with the newly released iPhone.
- A secret landscape that I have walked by every day for years, but never noticed before.
O.k. Now it’s your turn… Where are you RMSP friends on the Web?… What inspired you this week?